Author Topic: Weaning off the pill  (Read 566 times)

Kinj

• View Profile
Weaning off the pill
« on: November 01, 2015, 03:22:48 AM »
Hi there, thank you so much for starting this blog, you have helped countless women already all around the globe. A lot of the information here - although informative is kind of a shock to my system. I have only just read up on what's been happening to my body. I have been taking Yaz for the last three years, for contraceptive reasons only. I wanted to start weaning myself off these pills but I haven't been able to track any info regarding that.

In your opinion would you say stopping cold turkey is best?  I have only missed one pill thus far and already my period has commenced.  I decided I'd take half a pill today, is that wise?

Kinjal
SOUTH AFRICA

Texas8711

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Weaning off the pill
« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2015, 07:33:13 PM »
Hi Kinjal,

Welcome to the forum!  Unfortunately, there is not a lot of good information about coming off of the pill.   I am not aware of any information that says to break it in half (you could call your doctor or nurse to check).   
Coming off can be a difficult process as your body's own hormones turn back on.  Some people feel worse for several months.  Some people see an automatic decrease in bad symptoms.  It is definitely a process, but hopefully you will start feeling better soon!  Please keep us posted on your progress.